Friday, March 20, 2009

It Happened One Night

Lazing around on a piece of mattress in my hometown for a week I searched and searched for a topic for my opening post, but there was none to strike (did i just write the word hometown?? well, this will come up sometime later). Now in midst of the busiest time of my life (not to mention the busiest birthday I've ever had) here I am typing this thingy up. The past week has been an eventful one, from one B-day to another. I'll mainly be writing about the first one which would be 17th, tuesday that is.

The 'Passing': Bhawan days are a festive occasion for all sections out here on the campus and it becomes an onus on the hosts to arrange for the passes. This job mainly involves plenty of sweet and persuasive 'bakar' and some 'poly' (people also resort to blackmailing like charging 15 passes for a dance performance :P). So after all this of which I made a 'good' contribution we managed to get hold of our best ever collection of passes.

The 'Preparing': Bhawan days also offer a chance for people with mob mentality to rip apart rooms of the poor hosts. Hence it is a must to take some necessary precautions. So I made sure that anything that was liquid, gel, semi solid, or fine solid was safely locked up inside a trunk along with the best clothes I possessed. Sketch pens and markers too 'disappeared' mysteriously.

The 'Happening': 9.5833 did a great job compering and Peter England was brilliant with the dance as usual (Sorry, I missed the entire thing). By the way, I thought I had everything 'resolved'. Well a fan with its blades folded, a floor littered with dustbin crap, a wet pillow and bedding, a destroyed computer mouse, and two dozed clothes stamped upon by two dozen people dont seem to share my opinion.

The 'Shifting': After the destruction I was left without a set of neat clothes to change into, not to mention the room was uninhabitable. Thankfully 9.5833 decided to take me in (actually sorry for butting in :), tolerate me till monday by which i promise to clean the mess up). Also the key to that trunk lies somewhere on that floor littered with stuff. I have been unable to locate it as of now (perhaps I'll just break through). Apart from being roomless and 'clothless' (to be interpreted in a decent manner, after all a CHELSEA jersey and a jean is all I have been left with), the next few days also left me sleepless and foodless. Those are the pains of organizing a centerstage event at Cognizance.

@Bahaubali: Thanks for providing the passes for 'those guys'. (Sorry that 'those guys' broke your dustbin).
@Those guys: You'll pay for all this.
@HHH: Love you.
@9.5833: I Love you too. :)

P.S: A Torn tablecloth.. Rs 50, A broken dustbin.. Rs 100, A mouse destroyed Rs 175.. A straightened hairband and some torn ducks.. priceless.. There are some things that money cant buy, for everything else there is IMG.

P.P.S: Blue is the colour, football is the game. We're all together and winning is our aim. So cheer us on through the sun and rain. Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

And finally..
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to dear me,
Happy birthday to me.

-- Anyone going to Delhi in the near future, please contact

34 comments:

  1. Awww! I love you, too, da, even if you're not my only true love. I dunno why I got that reference, though.

    Btw, Arsenal has this song named "There's only one club in London"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog...Especially the Chelsea P.P.S.
    You, Me and Chelsea r0ck :)

    N yeah..."...Btw, Arsenal has this song named "There's only one club in London...I wish it were us not Chelsea"!..." :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it means "there is only one 'french' club in London!!" (hope you get the drift)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too dear. :-)
    But those ducks!!! They shouldn't have hurt the ducks.

    Anyone going to Delhi in the near future, please contact Rishabh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So,now I know the reason for a sudden increase in the friendliness quotient of yours in the past few days.After all,you had to get the "JOB"(read:arranging the passes) done.Well,I can only say that Bhawan days happen every year and "persuasive bakar" might not
    be always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice blog, and to mention peter england didint get the 15 passes.

    cheers
    enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.P.P.S - Blue is the colour, football is the game. We're all together, but we bow our heads in shame...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant blog, I never had the slightest idea that you could write so well, apart from being a brilliant programmer, and well, i apologise on behalf of those people for causing so less damage that you could count them, :D :D. Also I thank all those who helped you in arranging passes and all those who gave you clothes and room to live in. :)

    And well, you are not alone in wishing youself,
    in fact we all wish you belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "P.S: A Torn tablecloth.. Rs 50, A broken dustbin.. Rs 100............ priceless.. There are some things that money cant buy, for everything else there is IMG."

    I just loved this part...great start...for RS the blogger...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see you here, finally! Nice to see a Chelsea supporter here, finally!

    Now that the 'preparing', 'happening' and 'shifting' are done with, would I be justified in anticipating 'The Avenger' to follow? And belated birthday wishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. precondition fulfilled ...... now chapoo due after ...

    nyways nice start ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice blog...but u forgot to mention me, i was d one hu helped u find out the culprits vid my spl video...:(:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. kya baat hai sir......... excellent blog...... waise there shud be sumthing spl for those who did not do anything to ur room jaise main..........

    ReplyDelete
  14. @everyone... thanks for the comments

    @Bahubali.. arey yaar tu toh bura maan gaya

    @poly.. thanks a lot.. love you too

    @luvji.. nice to see you read this thing

    @kondi.. The 'avenging' to be precise. whoever have their bhawan day next.. beware

    ReplyDelete
  15. @puneet sir.. comment maarne se pehle padh toh lete atleast

    @cough cough.. Thanks for the video.. but i still doubt your innocence

    @dassi.. I heard of how you are obsessed with keeping your room clean. So i can imagine what it would be for you to see it decimated :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. so we hv some RSS feeds.... RSS-read "Rishabh Sood Speaking" .......a nice and interesting one from u abt wht happened ....nd wht all the first years will face in the near future( only girls will be spared ) ;) .......nd neways thnx fr the chaapo :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. NIce.. dude.!! Although a consolation from my side.. for such a state of your room. But I think If all that were not there.. then this blog wouldn't had been that interesting. [;)]

    ReplyDelete
  18. A most entertaining and well written first post. Love the CG allusion. Will be expecting more posts to keep me occupied. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really nice one to start off with...i liked the part about the mastercard ad...sorry img one !! ..and also...you made a logical mistake in the blog... if blue is the colour, then cricket is the game..or rather was ( now its indigo(sigh!!))...and if football is the game...red devils is the colour .
    P.S. As thou sow, does thou reap.

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice blog really..!!! but too bad i couldn't attend the bhawan day n be a part of those who destroyed your stuff..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. IMG Poli. Me jealous (Now, green's the colour, ain't it?). I got one comment on me first post!

    I guess this is the best time to start blogging, ain't it?

    God bless us oldies...

    PS- Rentboy baster.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Nikhil.. RSS feeds.. lol, good one.

    @Jain Sir.. yeah thats true :).. I wouldn't have started blogging otherwise

    @Rapu.. this coming from a man of your stature..thanks a lot.

    @Abhinav.. thanks

    @Jackass.. talking about sport, how does manure come into the picture?

    @Rupsy.. another mobster is exactly what i needed :)

    @Murty.. :P :P it helps to have your birthday close by :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. And now the big news.. After 7 days.. and an intensive cleanup operation lasting 7 hours RS has finally come back to DS-6.

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice post n u write really well...
    one of the nice ways to xpress ur reaction towards 'those guys' n warn them... :P:P

    btw u haven't mentioned anything regarding ur bday being the 'busiest n crappiest ever'... straight away after bhawan day happy birthday to urself :P
    So waitin for ur next post actually describin ur bday...

    neways finally after somewhat delay I have fulfiled the precondition for ur b'day chapo...
    So when's the chapo now??

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh.... My.... God!!!! 26 comments!! And here's the 27th! U sure hav got some fans!
    Btw nice post!
    PS : Glory, Glory Chelsea FC!! (cudn't stop myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Anshul.. thanks and sorry no post about my birthday. There are just too many bad memories associated with this one :(. chapo? anytime you ask :)

    @Rakesh.. Nice to see another blue. And about the comments I have beaten Murty when it comes to cheap publicity :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Though (please stress on that)
    i wasnt actually invited on ur birthday
    Though
    I am not in img
    ur blog is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  28. a floor littered with dustbin crap...Ha ha..That was a revenge.. lol :P

    btw nice starting..

    ReplyDelete
  29. 30 comments..thats a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. number 31 it is...
    32 we clear and then shatter all blog records!
    Make Lit proud.

    P.S.- How much is RS paying IMG to comment?

    ReplyDelete
  31. @(non-dassi)Mayank
    Hmm.. Thank you.. I promise you one next time :)

    @Pradeep: I never actually managed to do it.. so what revenge?

    @Abhinav: 31 actually.. and now 32.. well 33 after this

    @m+h+h: Who better than myself to put the 33rd in. :) About the money part.. hmm.. you guess..

    New record :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. The payment need not necessarily be in monetary form.....
    34...

    ReplyDelete